EAT WELL, LIVE WELL
A Healthy Community
Lotus Health Foundation rolls out a series of “Rebuilding resilience with self-care and lifestyle choices” initiative during this pandemic. The three phases of initiatives are “Wearing Masks, Saving Lives”, “Stay Calm, Stay Well”, and “Eat Well, Live Well”.
Lifestyle Medicine online Summit
FARMacy Rx Community Garden
- Acknowledge the funding support from RAF
- Upcoming free learning activities
- What can people be involved? Encourage business to pledge a plot of garden to grow foods for community or sponsor a class.
The garden will be created in the open lot adjacent to Rochester Clinic. Project will be lead by Kelly Rae Kirkpatrick with collaborative effort from UMR faculty and staff, and community growers.
To Invite Health Care Providers To Prescribe Healthy Produce As Medicine, Feed The Hungry In The Community, And Teach Lifestyle Medicine Principal. Several Free Community Classes Will Be Planned Out To Educate Youth, Families, And General Public.
SETTING UP THE GARDEN
FARMacy RX is a project led by Kim Sin and Kelly Rae Kirkpatrick.
THANK YOU, Rochester Sand & Gravel for soil donation.
We Plan To Start The Garden At 80 Ft X 60 Ft. If You Would Like To Join Us To Grow More Foods For The Community, Please Email Me. We Can Consider To Expand The Garden Size.
- Individuals, Business Groups, Or Community Parties Can Pledge A Garden Area
- Donate Vegetable Plants, Organic Soils/Compost, Or Garden Funds
- Assist With Outdoor Education Classes
It’s Time To Turn Our Turf To Edible Garden.
Let’s Grow Our Health Together.